Thursday 16 July 2015

OOTD #4 Petite Maxi Dresses


At the beginning of this month I had the great fortune of going on holiday to Western America, where I had the pleasure of visiting places like Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Yosemite and Mammoth Lakes. Of course, I had to pack several different outfits for the weather changes (seriously, it was snowing one day and extremely hot the next) so it seems only fitting that I share with you some of the photos from a particularly favourite outfit day. This was actually on the last day of my holiday in San Francisco, where we visited Lombard Street (famous for its eight hairpin turns). The street was incredibly beautiful with lots of houses painted different colours and some beautiful flowers. Plus there was a great view down the entire street. 
So beautiful!

Seriously, a great view!
We took a cable car up to the street (because, why not?) and it was a great time and I chose to wear my favourite black maxi dress from Boohoo. Now, for a long time, I was very much under the impression that Maxi dresses somehow 'weren't for me' as I wasn't nearly tall enough and they would ridiculous on me. But just recently I have decided to pretty much say fuck it, and I'll wear whatever I like. So this was a big deal for me and I think the whole outfit looked great. I love this dress, it's soft, comfortable and flows beautifully. It has a side slit that comes up just above the knee (would be higher on a taller person) and I got it from the boohoo petite range. I am incredibly short (just reaching 5ft) so when I got the dress it was a little long, despite being from the petite range, so I cut off about an inch and a half to make it fit for me. The dress would probably be fine for anyone around 5ft 2 or taller. The bottom is folded over and sewn together (all you really need is some black thread and a needle). I teamed my maxi dress with a blue denim jacket with grey sleeves that I got from Primark (can't remember the exact price, but it was so cheap and looks great!) and my favourite white plimsolls and purple rope necklace (both from New Look). 
Me and Yaz #teamtwin

If you have been dying to wear a maxi dress and you're short like me, but you haven't had the confidence to, then I highly recommend going out and getting yourself one. This one was only £12 and has become a staple piece in my wardrobe, and there are so many designs out there that are now becoming available in a shorter length. Let me know where you've found your favourite maxi dresses from, and especially if you are of a similar height, I'm always on the look out for great suggestions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment