Wednesday 3 December 2014

Lana Del Rey - I Can Fly (Audio) [+ Review]


Another new Lana Del Rey track? Oh yes, also from the upcoming biopic Big Eyes, is the airy 'I Can Fly'. The song sees Del Rey's ethereal vocals be put to their limits in this dreamy ballad. It's all very reminiscent of the 'Born To Die' era, with sweeping vocals and core strings and piano instrumentals. So this is definitely one you want to check out if you were a fan of that particular Del Rey style. 


Once again, 'I Can Fly' has key lyrics which reflect the nature of the film; "I had bright wishes in the summer, I was bathing in sunlight/ I was painting in the garden like a ghost in Mid-July/ Running fast from something with my eyes wide like/ Saucers spinning in the sun". Whilst the lyrics of the songs are filled with a certain poignant sadness, the acoustics are particularly heavenly, and reminds an eager listener just how well Del Rey can perform these kinds of ballads. Listen to the sickly sweet 'I Can Fly', below: 


No comments:

Post a Comment