Wednesday 5 November 2014

Sam Smith - Like I Can (Audio) [+ Review]


After a successful debut studio album release, Sam Smith is back with a new soulful track; 'Like I Can'. Taken off killer album In The Lonely Hour, 'Like I Can' captures that air of soul that Smith has become so known for, following his magnificent break-through as one of the most exciting emerging artists. Thanks to some famous faces in his recent music videos, Smith's popularity has grown as audiences appreciate his music styling and different take on tracks - and 'Like I Can' is no exception. Smith seems to be particularly proficient in writing catchy tracks (along with co-writer Matt Prime) and no doubt helped by producers Jimmy Napes, Steve Fitzmaurice and Mojam.



 In a similar fashion to Ed Sheeran, 'Like I Can' starts off with a rhythmic guitar beats and strumming which help builds the tempo of the track that inevitably culminates at the addictive chorus which leads to Smith declaring that - 'They'll never love you like I can'. A particular master at the whole brooding and love-crooning vibe, Smith's 'Like I Can' is another affirmation that this is his forte and he is certainly good at it. The track is set to be the next single for Smith whose previous successes have been in the form of the piano-laden 'Money on My Mind', the extremely memorable 'Stay With Me' and 'I'm Not The Only One'. So, will 'Like I Can' be another success for the soulful singer? Check it out for yourself below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment